Episode 17: Geek Girl in the News: January 2019
Geek Girl in the News looks at the awesome or not so awesome news that will make you go either: “YAY” or “OMG I can’t believe that.” The latest and greatest news in January 2019 covers Overwatch gender scandals, that Gillette commercial, studies about brainy tasks and gender, Indian female empowerment, sex toys, Mortal Kombat, and Ghostbusters!
What’s your take on these news articles?
In this episode of Geek Girl in the News, we covered these news stories:
- Overwatch Pro Quits After Harassment Over Whether She Was Really Playing
- That Gillette Commercial
- Women and girls less likely to be considered for ‘brainy’ tasks – study
- Millions Of Women In India Join Hands To Form A 385-Mile Wall Of Protest
- Sex Toy Stripped Of CES 2019 Award Because Vaginas
- Ronda Rousey Confirmed As Sonya Blade In ‘Mortal Kombat 11’
- Leslie Jones Slams New ‘Ghostbusters’ Film: “It’s Like Something Trump Would Do”
- Maybe It’s Time to Let the Ghostbusters Die
If you have any geek girl news articles, please send them to us and we’ll feature them on our next show!
If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please check out some of our others! And don’t forget to leave an iTunes review and check us out on social media: @geekherring on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter! You can also find us on our website and over on Patreon!
Amanda & Monika