Episode 11: Geek Christmas: Controversy, Hallmark, and the Perfect Geeky Girl Gifts
Happy holidays from Geek Herring! Monika and Amanda are talking all things Christmas. From the latest controversies attacking historical holiday favourites, to Amanda’s obsession with Hallmark Christmas movies, and gifts the geeky girls in your life will love.
In this episode:
- What Amanda and Monika’s Christmas traditions are
- Why there’s such controversy over holiday classics such as “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” and “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”
- What’s happening with Santx
- Why Hallmark Christmas movies are the best things ever
- What to buy the geek girls in your life
We referenced the following:
This Hallmark Christmas movie script written by a bot is the Christmas movie we all need
Girls Resist! A Guide to Activism, Leadership, and Starting a Revolution
Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls
If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please check out some of our others! And don’t forget to leave an iTunes review and check us out on social media: @geekherring on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter! You can also find us on our website and over on Patreon!
Amanda & Monika