Episode 19: Geek Discussion: All Those Video Game Boobs
This all started when Jaina’s Hearthstone portrait artwork was modified to cover up her substantial cleavage — a totally unnecessary change that wasn’t addressed, explained, or mentioned by developers at all. What do we think of the change?? Well, Monika may be biased because she doesn’t notice boobs, but Amanda thinks the change was — well, you’ll just have to check out the episode to find out!
Our conversation spiraled out to video game boobs in general, one of Amanda’s favourite topics, to why boob representation actually, really, truly does matter in games. We talked about games designed with boob bounce as the core purpose to Lara Croft’s diminishing cup size and just about everything in between.
In this episode:
- What Amanda and Monika did with their week off from podcasting
- Hearthstone covered up Jaina’s cleavage in her character portrait
- Why video games have so many scantily clad women with big boobs
- What breast physics is and why it’s present in so many video games
- Fortnite apologises for having character animation with boob jiggle
- Why boob representation in video games matters
If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please check out some of our others!
- Episode 18: Geek Characters: Final Fantasy Reveals Playable Viera Race
- Episode 4: Geek Characters: Glorious Ladies of Warcraft
- Episode 3: Geek Girl Stereotypes: How the World Sees Us
If you’ve been enjoying Geek Herring, please hop over to iTunes and leave us a review!
You can find us Online / Facebook / Instagram / Twitter / Patreon!
Amanda & Monika
Boobs for all!
Really, though. I appreciate you two and your opinions about the topic. I definitely think the topic needs to be addressed and your approach was very professional 🙂