Episode 34: Geek Girl in the News: Gillette’s transgender ad, an end to child marriage, and Georgia’s abortion bill
Geek Girl in the News looks at the awesome or not so awesome news that will make you go either: “YAY” or “OMG I can’t believe that.”
The latest and greatest geek girl news from May 2019 covers Gillette’s newest ad featuring a father and his transgender son, Nigerian geek girls fighting for an end to child marriage, Netflix taking a stand against Georgia’s new abortion bill, R Patz officially becoming Batman, football, Hearthstone Grandmasters, and more!
What’s your take on these news articles?
In this episode of Geek Girl in the News, we covered these news stories:
- Heartwarming Gillette AD Shows Father Teaching His Transgender Son How to Shave for the First Time
- These schoolgirls want an end to child marriage. So they’re fighting to change their country’s constitution
- SIGN THE CHANGE.ORG PETITION
- Netflix Will Consider Leaving Georgia If the State’s Abortion Ban Goes Into Effect
- Watch: Justin Baldoni’s Ted Talk – Why I’m done trying to be “man enough”
- Learn more about Man Enough
- Robert Pattinson Is Officially ‘The Batman’
- Emma Hayes to manage Chelsea? She should be considered, says Vicky Gomersall
- Pathra on the Hearthstone GrandMasters So Far
- Female-voice AI reinforces bias, says UN report
Pick up Orson by David J. Pearson for yourself on Amazon UK
If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please check out some of our others!
- Geek Girl Reviews: The Mask You Live In (Exploring Toxic Masculinity)
- Geeking Out About Avengers: Endgame: Mental Health, Politics, + Representation
- Geek Discussion: All Those Video Game Boobs
If you’ve been loving Geek Herring, please hop over to iTunes and leave us a review!
Join us on Discord!!
Amanda & Monika
This page contains some affiliate links. If you do choose to buy anything through our links, we’ll get a small kickback at no extra cost to you!