Episode 5: Geek Girl in the News: October 2018 Edition
Geek Girl in the News looks at the awesome or not so awesome news that will make you go either: “YAY” or “OMG I can’t believe that.” The latest and greatest news in October 2018 covers Doctor Who, Superheroes, Scientists, GirlCons and more!
In this very first episode of Geek Girl in the News, we covered these news stories:
- Record ‘Doctor Who’ Ratings Prove Jodie Whittaker Brings Big Audiences
- Hex appeal: how Netflix’s Sabrina taps into the rising feminist passion for witches
- Five ways the Simpsons could tackle the ‘Apu problem’
- Girls Want – and Need – More Female Superheroes
- Students Create World’s First Bricks Made from Human Urine
- ‘Geek Girl’ gamers are more likely to study science and technology degrees
- Self-Proclaimed ‘Geeks’ Unite at GeekGirlCon
If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please check out some of our others! And don’t forget to leave an iTunes review and check us out on social media: @geekherring on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter! You can also find us on our website and over on Patreon!
Amanda & Monika