Episode 8: Geek Interviews: Video Game Music Composer Karina Pardus
The soundtracks that bring our video games to life are mindblowingly awesome and can be completely life-changing to listen to. Would it surprise you to learn that almost 90% of game music is written by men? Women, like today’s guest Karina Pardus from Coy Compositions, are challenging gender inequality in music composition.
In today’s episode, you’ll find out:
- How Karina balances being a music composer while raising a geeky family
- What the ratio of men to women in music production is
- Why many women feel like outsiders when first starting in the video game industry
- How we can challenge gender inequality in our careers
- How you can get started composing music in the video game industry
- What we can do to encourage young geek girls to pursue a passion for creating video game music
If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please check out some of our others! And don’t forget to leave an iTunes review and check us out on social media: @geekherring on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter! You can also find us on our website and over on Patreon!
Monika & Amanda